19 May 2011, Jasper Hotel, 489 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria
The inaugural Victorian Biomedical Imaging (VBI) Network meeting was held on 19 May 2011.
It was attended by over 40 people representing all of the founding VBIC partners as well as the BakerIDI, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, the Australian Synchrotron, the Australian National Imaging Facility, St Vincent’s Institute, the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Royal Melbourne Hospital and CSIRO.
The event demonstrated the depth and breadth of research possibilities within the Victorian biomedical imaging sector, and also how these activities could link to the nationwide activities coordinated by the National Imaging Facility.
The presentations provided an introduction to VBIC as well as imaging activities at various sites across Victoria including:
- Clayton (Monash University)
- East Melbourne (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre)
- Hawthorn (Swinburne Univerisity)
- Heidelberg (Florey Neuroscience Institutes)
- Parkville (University of Melbourne)
- Prahran (Baker IDI)
- Werribee (University of Melbourne)